Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mission?

In a little over 2 weeks I will turn 20. That means one year until I am eligible to serve a mission. So many things are pushing me to serve a mission. The first one being that I am not having any luck in the dating department. Guys come and go like seasons and it is starting to annoy me. The more I think about it, the more I start to think that maybe it's because I'm supposed to serve a mission that I don't get asked out on dates. The second thing that is pushing me to serve a mission is a little bit more personal. I've made mistakes and done a lot of things wrong, but my testimony has grown so much from it! I want other people to feel the peace and joy that comes from repentance and the security and blessings that the gospel brings! I want people to be happy! I want them to know the blessings that come from temple marriage! I want to share it all! I've always been kind of shy around people I don't know, but thinking about everything I want to share with them makes me want to just shout it out to the whole world! In November I remember watching the movie Errand of Angles. Since seeing that movie my desire to serve a mission is 10x more than it was before. I always told myself that if I wasn't in a serious relationship or married by the time I was 21 I would go on a mission. Why wait around for marriage when I can spend my time serving the Lord and His children? When I was in Utah with my family in May we went to Temple Square. We talked to some sister missionaries and they just had a sweet spirit about them and were so happy! I really would love to live a simple life of service for a year and a half and not think about jobs, bills, boys, anything, and just focus on serving. If I could choose, I would LOVE to serve at Temple Square. But I'm sure since it's something I want, I'll be sent somewhere where I have to learn a new language or eat gross food :D. Of course if the opportunity presents itself to be in a relationship and eventually get married, I'll take it. But until then I think I'll be living my life and studying the way I would as if I was preparing for a mission. My patriarchal blessing tells me to prepare myself to be an effective teacher. Whether that means an effective teacher to those seeking the gospel or to my kids, I don't know. But I do know in time the Lord will give me a definite answer.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome you are thinking about going on a mission. That is something I've always wanted to do. It would be such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers