“When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses?” - Neal A. MaxwellTonight, after having dinner and hanging out with my family we all kind of went our separate ways to read or do whatever. I decided to pick up the September issue of the Ensign. Now normally I don't really read the First Presidency Message because that is what the home teachers talk about. I know that is bad and I'm going to work on that. But anyway, the title caught my eye and I felt like I needed to read it. It talked about the importance of woman and motherhood. As I read it I was reminded of everything I already know, but sometimes forget. So many things stood out to me! I don't have a copy of it with me and it's not on the church website yet, so I can't quote anything. But reading it brought the Spirit so much!
I know without a doubt that I am a daughter of GOD! The role that I will get to play someday (hopefully not too far away) is divine and sacred! I am so grateful for the future opportunity to raise His sweet spirit's. What an amazing calling that will be!
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." - Margaret D. Nadauld




That is so great! Getting your patriarchal blessing (if you haven't already) will also remind you of our sacred purpose here on Earth as well! I just got mine and I am... amazed. I think for the both of us life gets tough and it seems like all of our friends are getting what we long for, but we must trust in the Lord's timing. It's so important to just have faith! We relate so much it's almost weird to me! Haha You're amazing, Sarah, and I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! :)
ReplyDelete