So today I've been going through things and seeing what I can get rid of and what I want to keep. Every time I move it's a new opportunity to clean out my stash. It's amazing all I can acquire in 6 months! I thought for sure that after almost 2 years of not being on an organized volleyball team that I would be able to come to terms with getting rid of all my old volleyball gear. WRONG! The bottom drawer of my dresser is dedicated to volleyball. All of my old uniforms, spandex, socks, knee pads, etc. are stashed away in there. I opened it up this morning thinking I could just throw it all in a bag and get rid of it. The opposite thing happened. It made me cry! I played for so long and have so many memories. It helped shape the person I am. It helped me come out of my shell a little bit. I can't get rid of those uniforms because a part of me still lives in them. A part of me still lives in the gym. I miss it every day! Every time I watch a game on TV I think, "I should be on that court!" I wish there was an adult league in Arizona, but there isn't. So I settle for the slow paced game of church volleyball every year. Here are some pictures of my volleyball days. These first 2 pictures are of my very first season of club volleyball. It wasn't the best year, but I did learn a lot!

What can I say? We were a crazy group of girl! :D


In this picture, all 5 of us got an All Region title. Mine was All Region Honorable Mention, but it meant a lot to me!

This is my last High School volleyball team :( It was a hard but fun season!

My last club team: We ended our season #1 in the State and 50th in the nation!





I think you should keep it all!! I loved every minute of those years also. Well, maybe not every minute. There were lots of times that I worked hard to keep my mouth shut when what I really wanted to do was let your have it...
ReplyDeleteCherish the memories, and someday you'll have something to show your children about you and your high school years.
Oops. Supposed to say let your COACH have it. Still holding back after all this time? hahaha
ReplyDelete