I was going home from church today with my sister and she told me that I needed to update my blog. My first thought was do I have a blog? Then I remembered.... Yes I do and I haven't done anything with it for a month! Wow! So there is a lot to be said about the past month or so.
Right after the second post my roommate and I had to switch to a bottom floor apartment because our neighbor underneath us was always complaining and making up stories about how my roommate's son was too loud. Yes I will admit, he is, but what 4 year old doesn't throw tantrums? So we had 3 days to move everything! That was a horrible and stressful weekend! The first night we stayed in our new apartment I learned that the couple upstairs has a 4-6 month old baby who doesn't sleep through the night.... JOY! Every time the baby wakes up I hear her and haven't got a full night's sleep in a very long time! I guess a positive way to look at it is that it is practice for the future?
During Spring Break I took a test for my dental assisting job. It was the clinical radiology exam that I didn't do too well on the first time I took it. I have to bring in a patient and take a full set of X-Rays. Sounds simple right? Well we have 30 minutes to do this then the films get developed and we have another 30 minutes to put them in the correct order. I know when it came to the actual films, there were some errors but I'm crossing my fingers that I still get enough points to pass! I'm promised a $3 raise if I do. I should get the results by the end of April. Thanks Kayleen for being a great patient!
Last week I came home late one night from taking Jed (the guy that I have been dating since January) to the dress rehearsal of the Easter Pageant. There weren't any parking spots available by my apartment and I didn't want to park in the back and walk by myself. So I decided to park in the handicapped spot right in front of my apartment. After all, my grandparent's towing company tows from my complex so really what trouble could I get in? The next morning I go out to my car and I have a big orange sticker on my car warning me not to park there again... All compliments of Afficient Towing and Recovery. And it couldn't be the easy peel stickers, but the stickers that won't come off! So I call my dad and ask him how to get it off. Of course he laughs at me and after a loving, oh what can I call it...., lecture, he tells me how to get it off. Let's just say I haven't attempted to park there again!
I absolutely loved conference last weekend! I was only able to see the Sunday sessions, but I'm looking forward to getting the Ensign so I can study the other sessions. I'd have to say that my favorite talk was by Elder Holland. He is one of my favorites and I find myself listening as intently to him as I do the Prophet. He talked about the Savior and how He felt our of our sorrows alone. So when we feel alone or sorrowful we should know we really aren't alone because our Savior felt it all. Elder Holland said, "I speak of the Savior’s solitary task of shouldering alone the burden of our salvation. Rightly He would say: 'I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me. . . . I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold [me].'” I know that feeling all to well. I remember the day that my grandma died like it was yesterday. That same day I broke out in chicken pox. I too felt alone. It wasn't till her funeral and we sang the song "I Know That my Redeemer Lives" that I realized I was and am never alone. For that I am eternally greatful!
Last night I went to my first hockey game! It was so much fun! I think I might be a hockey fan now. Also, Vince Vaughn, the actor in Dodgeball and The Break Up, was there. I was looking right at him. I've never seen a celebrity in real life before so I though it was cool. :)
I think I've got everything up to date. I need to try hard to keep it updated. That will be my goal this week!




Hi Sarah--
ReplyDeleteGlad you updated! I was beginning to wonder what you've been busy with. Miss you!
e