Friday, February 27, 2009

Finding Joy in the Journey

Tuesday night in Institute Brother Abbott challenged us to, "before our heads hit the pillow", read a talk from President Monson. When I got home, I took his challenge. I got on to LDS.org and typed Thomas S. Monson in the search box. The first talk that came up was Finding Joy in the Journey. It was a talk that he gave in the October conference. As I read it, I realized how much it applied to me! One thing he said stood out to me.

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."

So often I find myself complaining that school keeps me too busy. Or that both of my jobs make me so tired! But after reading that quote I realized that I have so much to be greatful for! First of all I am so blessed to have a good education and to learn. Second, I not only have one job, but I have two! I am blessed to go to work everyday and be confident that I will have a job tomorrow. Especially in today's economy! There are so many little things that I have to be greatful for everyday! Life is to be enjoyed. It won't always be easy but it will alway be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers