I'm officially a BLOGGER! At first I was hesitant to start one of these because it seems like only "older" people have a blog. But then I realized that since I'm out living on my own now I don't get to keep up with my family as much and so this would be a good way to keep in touch.
I was also inspired by a quote from Spencer W. Kimball: "Every person should keep a journal and every person can keep a journal. It should be an enlightening one and should bring great blessings and happiness to the families. If there is anyone here who isn't doing so, will you repent today and change – change your life?"
I guess this is my way of repenting and trying to more faithfully keep a journal. I'll be documenting my journey into adulthood and the joys and sorrows of living on my own!
So far living on my own is great. I will admit that I do tend to miss my family the most when I'm sitting at home alone with nothing to do. My roommate has a little boy who is just a year younger than Daniel. Every time I hear him playing or talking I think of my little baby brother and how much I miss him! I realized that I took for granted the time that I had with my family. However... I will say that I don't miss sharing my clothes! Ha Ha. I do miss playing games with my sister in those brief moments when we would get along. I miss having little chats with my mom or laughing at something that she said. I miss joking around with Sam. I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I miss listening to my dad. Now that I look back he had so much good advice!
The first time I spent $100 at the grocery store I about peed my pants! I knew food was expensive... but not THAT expensive! I find myself calling my mom anytime I am cooking dinner. "How do I make steak?" "How do I make garlic sauce?" ...etc... I never liked to cook when I lived at home because I had a mom to do it for me. And as my family will tell you... I was bad (Maybe it was on purpose thought ; D ). Now I have found that I really enjoy cooking! It's so much fun.
I think I am really discovering more of who I am now that I'm on my own. I've always known that I am a daughter of God and I have always know that the Church is true. But when your parents aren't around to tell you to dress modestly or to go to church you learn how strong your testimony is or isn't. I am so glad I have a strong testimony to fuel my desire to be better everyday. It is a blessing in my life!
Well I think that is enough for now.... I'm running out of things to say!




No comments:
Post a Comment