Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Coming Home

I seriously don't know how I got such a wonderful baby! He is so calm and happy. I got nervous when they moved us into the Postpartum Room at the hospital because I realized that I now had this baby I was responsible for. No one was coming in to tell me when to feed and change him or to do it for me. That first night Jaysen slept so good! We had to wake him up to feed him. His longest stretch of sleep was 6 hours! When he would cry it was this soft little whimper that made my heart melt. The babies in the rooms on either side of ours were screamers! They cried all night long! So while Tej and I had a baby who was sleeping, we didn't get much sleep that night because of the other babies.

All cozy and ready to come home!
We were discharged at 4:30 the next day. And were so excited to get home and get some sleep. Well, my sweet little sleeper decided that he would change his habits. He was literally awake ALL night! He would fall asleep so we'd put him in his bassinet and within 30 minutes he was wide awake and screaming. Tejay told me I needed to let him cry it out since he was fed and had a clean diaper. That lasted about 10 minutes because I started crying too. I couldn't take it.

Tejay's parents brought us lunch on Sunday and stayed for a few hours and let us take a nap. It was so nice to be able to sleep! Jaysen did the same thing Sunday night. He would be awake the second you put him in his bassinet and fall asleep as soon as you took him out of our bedroom and held him. We couldn't figure out what to do. We decided that we would try to keep him awake longer after feedings during the day on Monday to see if that would help. We had an appointment with  our Pediatrician yesterday and one of the things he told us was to get Jaysen sleeping in his crib as early as possible. So last night Tejay suggested we let him sleep in his crib. I just couldn't bring myself to do it! But, after the same routine as the other nights, I decided that I couldn't keep this up with him and I put him in his crib after feeding him and put the monitor in our bedroom. Around 4 Tejay woke up and checked on him. He came back and I asked him if everything was ok. Tejay was the one who was nervous at that point. Lol. He said he wasn't sure if he like him being in there yet.

First sleep in the crib!
Last night was probably the best sleep we have had since being home! With him in our bedroom, every noise he would make would wake me up and I would lay there waiting for him to cry. Our Pediatrician told us to turn the monitor up just enough so that when he was really crying we would hear it, but not loud enough to hear all of his grunts and things. It was so nice! Tejay and I loved having sleep and actually sleeping at the same time and together! This was a first since having Jaysen. I think we will keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers