Can I tell you how relieved I am to be able to say I am 37 weeks!!!? Physically, mentally, and emotionally, I am so ready for this baby! I can honestly say that he could come any day and I would be perfectly fine with it. Last Friday I finished up my online class, so that is one thing I don't have to worry about anymore. I'm really glad that I took it! It was called Principles of Human Nutrition. I learned so much! It was especially interesting to learn about the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers. Did you know a serving size for a toddler is 1 tablespoon per age of the child!? That seems like so little, but that is just how our minds are conditioned to think in this overeating world.
Tejay and I were able to get our stroller and car seat last week. I totally love it! It is a jogging stroller with the front wheel that isn't locked into place, and the car seat can hook on to the stroller. I love it because it means I can go running with my newborn and not feel like he isn't secure.
I also am on a low-carb diet.... Sounds ridiculous, I know. I feel dumb turning down things when people offer them, and then having to explain that I'm on such a diet at 9 months pregnant. A couple Sunday's ago, I wasn't able to go to church because I couldn't get shoes on my feet. (Well, I could get Crocs on, but I refuse to wear those to church!) Within a few hours of being awake, my feet had tripled in size. So I stayed home. Tejay had been talking to a Dr. in our ward about it, and the Dr. told Tejay that I needed to cut my carbs. He said that he had several pregnant women come in to his office with that problem and it helped every single one of them. When Tejay told me this, I was a little skeptical as 1. I LOVE CARBS! and 2. Pursuing a career in Nutrition and taking several classes, I have been able to develop an educational opinion on carbohydrates. I don't believe in cutting all carbs, so I took what he said, but decided to only cut my carbs by 50%, instead of doing NO CARBS. Let me tell you.... I AM A BELIEVER! My swelling in my feet is basically gone. I obviously have the normal pregnancy inflammation, but it is nowhere where it was. I see my cheek bones most days again and I can wear my running shoes to work. I still can't get my wedding ring on ( I went from a size 7 ring to a 10!) and I wear flip flops every chance I get. But cutting my carbs has been a life saver! It also has kept me from gaining too much weight! I only gained 1 pound in 2 weeks!
At my May and June appointments I had gained 10 pounds at each!!!! I cried all the way home after those appointments.
Anyway, at 37 weeks, my little boy is still very active. He has a good sleeping pattern too! At 37 weeks, I feel like a whale, am walking 2 miles every morning, and I may or may not be bouncing on a big yoga ball every night. :) I am so ready to have this baby. I want to hold him and kiss him, and see who he looks like. I want to see his personality and just love on him! I have a feeling he will be late, but Tejay thinks he will be early. We'll see who is right!
Here is Jaysen's crib finally put together and my rocking chair. Both were done by my mom! She is so awesome and I totally love them!
And the count down continues!






No comments:
Post a Comment