Monday, August 27, 2012

August 24, 2012

Everyone says that you never know love until you have a child. I have come to fully understand this. I had no idea I could love someone so much!

So starting with the week I was due... I had an appointment with my Dr. on Tuesday (the 21st). I brought him Paradise Bakery cookies hoping to bribe an induction out of him. I truly had a feeling that Jaysen wasn't coming on his own. I hadn't had contractions for 3 weeks and I didn't have any pressure. I was only dilated to a 1. Dr, Sawyer said he didn't feel comfortable inducing me before my due date when my body wasn't showing signs of it being ready. I understood and so we scheduled another prenatal appointment and he was going to get my induction scheduled for the Monday/Tuesday after my due date.

Fast forward to Thursday night/ Friday morning. I got up around 2:15am to use the bathroom. I came back to bed and let out a deep breath and felt like I had had an accident in bed. :) I got back up and rushed to the bathroom. By the time I got there I realized that my water had in fact broke. I stood there for a minute trying to figure out what to do next. I was definitely in shock. I finally came out of it and opened the bathroom door and told Tejay we were heading to the hospital. We took our time and finished packing our bag (which I have now learned.... you don't use half the stuff they recommend you bring). We finally got to OB Triage around 3:30 and got settled.

Waiting for our room.
I was only dilated to a 1, but they confirmed my water had in fact broken. I wasn't feeling contractions, but according to the  monitors I was having them. They finally moved us to our room around 5:15. By then I was starting to feel my contractions but they were very mild. My Dr. still had me take a pill to get my contractions really going. By 8:30 my contractions were super strong but I was still only dilated to a 1. I decided to throw in the towel and get my epidural. I had to wait an hour for the anesthesiologist. It was about 9:45 by the time he came and got it placed. Honestly, that was the worst part of the whole labor. He stuck me 3 times because he couldn't get it through. By the time he was done I was shaking. However, once the epidural took effect, I was in heaven! I finally was able to sleep. I still was only about a 2 after that so they had me use the peanut ball to see if it helped. At 1:30 my nurse came in and was asking if I was feeling any pressure. I wasn't feeling any. She checked me and and said "Do you want good news or bad news first?" I wanted the good news so she said, "You are ready to have this baby. Bad news, it's almost time to push." Dr. Sawyer was finishing up his patients in his office so they kept me on the peanut ball to see if we couldn't get Jaysen finish dropping. About 2:15 my nurse came back in and said "so do you feel any pressure or the need to push?" I still wasn't feeling pressure. She checked me and said "You really don't have any pressure!?" She hit my call button and asked for someone to page Dr. Sawyer ASAP. Jaysen was ready to come out. Dr. Sawyer came in, I pushed for 10 minutes and there was Jaysen!

Jaysen Mac was born Friday, August 24, 2012 at 2:33pm. He was 8lbs 10oz and 20 1/2 inches long. (However at the Dr. today we found out that he is a whole inch longer... 21 1/2)

Everything went so well! I feel really good and am so happy he is here! I was shocked that he came a whole day early! Not what I expected! Here are a few of my other favorite pictures.

Welcome baby Jaysen! We love you!

Love!

We love Dr. Sawyer!

One happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers