Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The game of LIFE
Last night, after eating dinner with my family, I went to my branch FHE. Our activity for the night was playing board games. Someone had brought the game of LIFE which happens to be my favorite. So some friends and I played. Last night, in the fake game of LIFE, it depicted my real life perfectly! I chose the college route along with a few other people. They all breezed through it while I literally went one space at a time. I'm pretty sure I landed on every space in the college route. So while I'm hanging back in college all my friends are stopping to get married and getting their house deeds. I finally pick a career and I'm still moving space by space. By the time I finally get married, everyone else has had a few kids and some halfway to retirement. It felt like my life was laid out exactly how it is right now on that game board. I have friends who are married. I have friends who have boyfriends. I have friends who get asked out on dates, while I'm the lone ranger who hangs back and doesn't have any of that happen. I'm not complaining, because I truly have so much to be grateful for! I am so blessed in so many ways I can't even begin to describe. I've had countless opportunities to further my talents and education. I have a loving family and wonderful friends! I can honestly say, despite living back home and not being so independent ; ), I love my life! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting asked out on dates or having a boyfriend! I just thought it was so ironic how that game last night was my life perfectly. I hope the more I keep reminding myself to trust Heavenly Father and His timing, the more I will believe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment