I've worked in the dental field for 3 years now. I love it! I love the patient interaction and the blood and all the fun stuff that comes with dentistry. However, after much thought, I have changed directions.
Sarah Coon, R.D.
I am going to get my degree, and become a Registered Dietitian. Since getting back to the gym and trying to eat right, it's amazing just how much I don't know about what I'm supposed to eat. Then I realize, most people have no idea how to eat. I am going to be pursuing this degree little by little while I work full time and get Tej though school. The end goal is to specialize in either Obesity or Eating Disorders. Eating disorders have always intrigued me. I know what it is like to look in the mirror and not see your self as skinny, while people around you say you are too skinny. I have never starved myself or made myself spit up my meal. It would be so neat to be involved in a process that helps people become healthy again. Even working in Obesity, dramatic changes can be seen!
I start classes in August. It will be a slow process, but so worth it!




OH thats so cool!!!! So u r staying at midwestern tho as a dental assistant? When u get ur dietition degree u should reommened me for ur job :) heheh. I was thinking of doing nutirtion too after finishing pharmacy. It would be so awsome. I wish you the best, cuz u will probably finish befor me.
ReplyDelete