Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good Read

Tejay and I are reading this book together. We've only read the first chapter so far, but it is actually really good! The first chapter talks about how your childhood and past experiences with money, formulate how you are now with money. She says that there may be at least one defining moment that will paint the your view. Tejay and I talked about it and realized how true it is!

Growing up we never had new, fancy cars. They were always used and sometimes I was embarrassed to be seen in them. For instance:
When we were younger, we didn't have fancy clothes or expensive things. Growing up on the side of town we did, it was hard. I went to a high school where kids had things handed to them. They were bought new cars when they turned 16 and were wearing Buckle jeans in 7th grade. I wanted all these things! I was very shy and I thought if I had these things people would like me. I never got them until I started making my own money. I spent money like no ones business. I always had a new shirt or a new purse. Now this is not to say my parents did anything wrong! With my selfish desires aside, I never wanted for anything! There was always food on the table and clothes on our backs. I played Club Volleyball and did almost every activity I wanted. I just had to work to earn everything extra I wanted. My dad didn't just hand me money to go to they mall. So, now as an adult, I know how to work hard, but I also spend money on a lot of things I probably don't need. I can understand completely how my past had played a role in how I use money.

I am so excited to read more and learn more of how we can use our money better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers