At least when it comes to updating my blog lol. Every time I get behind I always use the excuse "I got busy." It is really and honestly true! I didn't even post the rest of the pictures from my Joy of Love project. I took them, I just haven't edited or posted them. Man, I'm bad at this. I really need to get better at it!
I left off in February.... (Pictures will be coming)
In this lovely month, we did the same old. It was, however, our first Valentine's as a married couple! It wasn't big. He had school until 7 that evening, so I went to the gym and came home to make some dinner. Oh I also made some sugar cookies with my mom. It was more like me watching, and her cooking. I got him some new gym shoes, and he got me a piano! Well actually he told me that was what I was getting, he just wanted me to pick it out.... (It is the end of March now.... still no piano). No big milestones really... we got our tax return. It sure is a hefty return when you are married! We are going to put in our backyard with it.
I also started getting back in to the gym every day in February. I was off and on in January, but I had to make a change. I am ready to openly admit that since our wedding, I have gained 30 pounds! I know, everyone says "oh you don't look like you have." "You're still skinny." But I don't feel good about myself. You might see a skinny girl with maybe a little pooch of a belly, but I see all the flaws. I can't fit in to half my jeans! So with that realization, I bought what I consider fat jeans for me, and just decided to do it. So,
Monday's and Wednesday's, and every other Saturday I do a spin class. I love that class! I look forward to it all day, then I get in class and I hate it! By the time I'm done, I feel so good that I look forward to the next one! Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's I lift weights with Tejay. I shouldn't have "Relief Society" arms at 21. Lol. I've realized that your physical health is directly related to your mental and emotional health. I feel so good! I know I still have work to do, but I feel amazing! I look forward to working out.
March.....
We have been married 8 months today! That is really the big milestone. Tejay is still cracking away at school. The discussion of where we want to go to law school keeps coming up. I have a strong feeling we will be going back east. He has mentioned Chicago, New York, and DC.... the 3 coldest places I could think of!!! It's at least 2 years away, but it is something we are always thinking about.
We are getting started on our backyard this week. Tejay's friend who had a landscape business for a while is helping us out. He came out and drew out what we want, and is taking care of it all. All we have to do is fork out the money. Today he came out to draw lines. Tomorrow and Friday the trenchers are coming, and the curbing people are coming to outline where our grass will be. It's finally coming together! Again, I will post pictures. I can't wait for it to be done. If you think your house gets dusty fast just from being in AZ, wait till you have an all dirt backyard! I dust every other day! I should do it every day.
Also on the list of home projects, we painted the game room. It was originally a PHX Suns orange! NASTY! Now it's a soft grey and an accent wall of blue.
I never knew married life could be so fun! I am so in love with my best friend. It's like a sleepover every night! All of life's stresses are easy to deal with when I'm dealing with them with Tejay. It's like things are a little easier. Every now and then we talk about how we can't wait to be done with school and starting a family, but then we realize how fun this stage of life is! I love not having to tuck kids in to bed at night and it's just us! We can go and do anything we want when we want. We can just be a couple. (Don't get me wrong, we can't wait to have a family! Now is just not the time.) I wake up every morning, excited to see where life will take us. It's just us, Heavenly Father, and the world right now.
I will post all the pictures soon! I will also get better at posting more!




No comments:
Post a Comment