What am I doing wrong!? Do I have a disease? Am I too tall? What is it about me that repels the guys? In January I meet this great guy! He had just gotten back from his mission in October and we totally hit it off. He was the first guy that I wasn't ashamed or scared to bring home to mom and dad. Well a couple months in he informed me that he felt he needed to focus on school and date other people. He wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I figured I'd keep dating him and he'd change his mind. Nope. But it's been 6 months and he has yet to go on a date with anyone else. I really like him but I'm tired of waiting around for him. He is out of town for 3 weeks and I saw this as my opportunity to go on a date with someone. I met this new guy at church last Sunday. He goes to Weber State and is only here for the summer to sell food storage. (If anyone is interested, it's Daily Bread Food Storage). We got each others' numbers, saw each other Monday at FHE. Totally got a long! I was hopeful. Well then Tuesday I invited him and his friends to come swim. They did then invited me over to watch a movie that night. I of course took the chance and went. This guy and I have talked all week... but starting yesterday, I have yet to hear from him. What did I do this time!? Did I say something wrong? Was my make up smeared? What did I do?
From the time I was 16 I haven't been asked out on many dates. This has caused a roller coaster of emotions and bad feelings. I don't know why? Maybe it's a sign that I need to start praying about a mission. But I really want to find that someone to share my life with. I guess I feel the pressure to get married and start a family young. I'm not unattractive, I'm a good church girl, I have a strong testimony... I guess I'm just having a hard time dealing with supposedly men who don't know a good thing when they've got it. I'm losing faith in my patriarchal blessing that tells me I will be married. What if I'm not married till after I die? I don't want that! I guess I just need to have faith in my Heavenly Father and in His timing. It's so hard though.
I don't mean to be a negative Nora, but I"m really discouraged....




Sarah! You are so young. You don't have anything to worry about! And you are beautiful. I can't tell you how many people have made that comment when I mention you babysitting our girls. They always say, "Oh, she is so beautiful!" Keep your chin up!!
ReplyDeleteHey! Snap out of it!
ReplyDeleteYou have so much time to find THE ONE. Don't even start sweating that yet!
Remember, the Lord's time is sooo different from ours. One day the perfect man will walk in to your life and you will wonder why you ever worried about this. Just you wait and see!
You are beautiful!
I love you!
Boys are pretty dumb sometimes. They take longer to grow up than girls do. In the mean time, go out and have fun with your girlfriends and enjoy being a beautiful, single young woman. These days will go by so quickly (even though it feels like forever while you are living it).
ReplyDelete