I'm one of the lucky daughters that can say I HAVE THE GREATEST DAD IN THE WORLD! My dad and I haven't had the best past and history together. I have been the stubborn and strong minded daughter in the family that always thought I could win an argument with my dad. I always had to say the last word. That would always get me into more trouble. But now that I'm older and more mature I can honestly say I was usually in the wrong. He was only trying to do what's best for me. In the almost 20 years I've been alive I can only remember my dad raising his voice once to me. He has always had a quiet sternness that would make you shake. I was always more afraid of my dad than my mom when it came to being in trouble. But enough of me being in trouble....
My dad is a rock when it comes to the gospel! His testimony has been the huge influence that helped mine grow as much as it does. He always lives the way the Savior would. He never hesitates to give service! If someone needs help moving, doing yard work, or just needs help with money, my dad jumps right in. He is always the first one there and sometimes the last one to leave. I hope that I will be able to develop a heart like his and serve as freely as he does.
My dad makes rhymes out of everything! We would sit down for dinner and they would always be about what we were eating or thanking my mom. At the time I thought it was a bit childish and sometimes a little excessive. But now that I usually sit at the dinner table by myself and make my own dinner I miss his random rhymes.
My dad loves the outdoors. We like to call him "nature boy". He walks around our backyard every night and checks on all the plants. He notices every little animal or rodent that comes in our backyard. Every Saturday for the last couple of years I was living at home he would always go hiking. He would come in my room and try to rally my sister and I out of bed to go with him. Being the teenagers we were we always told him to go away and would go back to sleep. If I could go back and go with him. I realize now that those would have been precious moments that would help me bond with my dad more.
My dad is great with money! Unfortunately I haven't caught on to that yet, but with his help I know I can be better.
I remember there was one point in my life where I had made some bad decisions. I was terrified to tell him. I thought for sure he would yell at me and be completely angry with me! So one night he came in my room and I told him. The first thing out of his mouth was "You know that I love you!" I cry just thinking about it. If anyone knows my dad they know he is very affectionate and doesn't express his love super often. It's like he know exactly what I needed to hear.
Dad I love you soooo much! I am so lucky to have a dad like you. You help me become the person I want to be. I regret the times I was so bratty and said hurtful things to you. Because I never really felt any of that towards you. I love you so much and am so blessed! Thanks for who you are and all you do for me! It means the world to me! I LOVE YOU DAD!




No comments:
Post a Comment