Sunday, September 23, 2012

4 Weeks Old

How did my baby get to be 4 weeks old!? Time has gone by so fast! We love him more and more each day.

Since my last post, a lot has happened with my little man. I had to stop nursing because my supply wasn't coming in. Within 3 days of being on formula full time, he started to get really fussy. This has not been the character of my baby, so I could tell something was wrong. After about 5 days with an extremely cranky baby, I finally called his Dr. and took him in. Turned out that he had colic. It was hard not to blame myself for it. I know they say this shows up in babies around 3 weeks, which is when I stopped nursing, but it was hard not think it was my fault. His Dr. put him on a hypoallergenic formula which seems to be doing wonders! I finally have my happy and content baby back! Don't get me wrong, he still has his "witching hour" moment at night, but he is basically back to normal.



Some milestones with my sweet boy:

- At 3 weeks he weighed 10lbs 4oz
- He holds his head up so well! He has also started to push up on his arms.
- He is starting to find his voice. He will spit out a coo here and there which is fun to watch because it will usually startle him. I love to watch him because you can tell he is trying so hard to figure it out!
- He is up to 4oz every 3 hours during the day, and usually about 4-5 hours at night. (We had a night last week where he slept 6 hours!)
- He is a wiggle worm! When on his back or belly he just wiggles non-stop.
- I know they say it is too early, but I really think his smiles are genuine. At least when he sees mom and dad. :)



The other day I packed up all his newborn clothes. It was kind of a sad moment, but he hasn't been able to wear newborn clothes at all. He is in 0-3 months and some 3-6 month clothes. He also has been in a size 1 diaper for 2 weeks.



He is such a good baby! I love him to death! I am so grateful that I get to spend 4 more weeks at home with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers