Monday, October 15, 2012

7 1/2 Weeks

Time seems to be flying by. My happy baby boy is 7 1/2 weeks already! He has truly been a blessing to us. Jaysen is such a happy baby. He is very alert and loves to look around. During the day he will usually be awake after he eats for at least an hour, sometimes 2. There are some days where he will only take a few 30 minute cat naps and only get a total of 2 hours of sleep for the whole day. Those are usually the nights that he will sleep through the night. That is usually about 2 or 3 times a week that he will do that. I am so lucky! The nights that he doesn't sleep through the night, he will only wake up once (usually around 2 or 3).

He finally has decided that 11 is too late to go to sleep. Most nights he is usually down by 10. There are some nights where he decides that 9 is a good time. As you can tell, we are still trying to come up with a routine.

Jaysen eats 6oz and we are lucky if we make it 3 hours. He usually starts fussing around 2 1/2. I use to be really strict on making sure he hit his 3 hours because that is what his pediatrician told me to do. But, I finally decided that my baby knows when he is hungry. If he doesn't get hungry until 4 hours after his last feeding, fine. But if at 2 1/2 hours he is showing me all of his hunger cues, then I'm going to feed my baby. Especially if the frequent feedings during the day help him go longer during the night.

A week ago, we weigh him and he was a whopping 13 pounds! He is big, healthy boy!

Jaysen is also a little chatter box. Our best conversations are on his changing table. 
 
We had Jaysen's blessing yesterday. It was such a wonderful experience. We were able to have a lot of family come and it was so great to have them all here. It is such a surreal experience to sit there and realize that you are blessing your first child. Being a mother was something I dreamed about since I was little, and to think I'm finally a mom to a beautiful baby boy is just crazy!
 
We had to put a bib on to make sure he didn't spit up on his outfit.

Bored with the picture taking.

Jaysen's cake.
 
 
I feel so blessed to have this amazing man as my son's father and my eternal companion. I am so happy he has the priesthood and was able to bless our baby.


Here are some of my favorite pictures. I am so in love my little family! We have never been happier!
 

Such a happy boy!

This is how we take our naps. On mommy or daddy, or in his swing.

My big boy!

Rylee hates her boundaries!

All ready for church.

So handsome!

Writing an essay with daddy.

Bath time.

Sitting in his Bumbo at 6 1/2 weeks!
When he is fussy, we put him in this chair in the bathroom with the fan and shower on. He loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers