Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weeks 15-17



2 1/2 weeks ago, we went in for another appointment. It was just supposed to be the quick "belly check". Dr. Sawyer peeked his head in and said he wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure he was right on his gender guess. So into the ultrasound room we went. After some prodding, the baby moved enough to get an accurate guess... Then I hear him go "Uh-oh". I didn't even need him to say anything. The ultrasound said it all.
So, at 15 weeks, our little "girl", decided to become a boy! I was shocked for a bit. Tejay just grinned from ear to ear. I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, I was just shocked. But after searching on Pintrest, I realized boys would be just as fun. We go in on Tuesday for our big ultrasound, so we will hopefully get the confirmation.

The hardest thing for me right now is the gaining weight thing. I know I am way to hard on myself, but it is a hard thing to turn off. Being active and skinny my whole life has thrown me for a loop. Shoot, I played a sport for 8 years that requires you to look good in spandex! If you didn't look good, I know the kinds of things girls would say about you if your thighs were too big. I even remember a point in my life being 2 lbs. away from being in the "underweight" category for BMI, and wanting to lose 2 pounds to get there. So, my poor husband gets to deal with an emotional, pregnant wife, who is paranoid about being fat. He is so kind to me! He always tells me how beautiful I am. He comes up and wraps his arms around my bell and tells me how much he loves it. Thinks slowly are getting better. I just remind myself that my body is designed for this, and it will all be fine. I don't know how many people even read this, but can you answer this for me.... Does it get better? Will I stop freaking out about it?

Other than the weight issue, things are finally getting better. After having a bad cold for a week, then a sinus infection, then having golf ball sized knots worked out of my neck and back, I'm feeling great. I am definitely losing my mind. I can't remember a thing! If I don't write it down or put it in my phone, I will forget about it. My latest obsession is pickles. I know it is typical, but this is getting out of hand. Just thinking about pickles makes my mouth water. We walked down the isle at the grocery store that has all the pickles and I seriously was ready to drool! I have had a pickle everyday for at least 3 weeks now. I even went through a jar of pickles in a week. It really is a sickness. :)

There have been a few mornings where we have been able to feel where the baby is. He usually sits more forward at night while I'm sleeping, so first thing in the morning, before I move, I can rub my belly and feel where he is. If I roll over or sit up, he disappears. I am so excited to be able to feel him move in the coming weeks! He truly is our little bundle of joy and we can't wait to meet him.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah-
    That is so normal. Everyone around you is telling you how beautiful pregnant women are and how beautiful you look when all you're thinking is "man, I'm as big as a house." Like you said, your body is meant for that. If you don't gain weight chances are your baby isn't going to be healthy. Just keep in mind that as long as you're eating right and doing all that you are supposed to do the only thing that matters is having a healthy baby. I nursed Jackson and that helped me lose quite a bit of weight but you will be active again not long after you have the baby. I know its a tough thing to grasp but that feeling pretty much hangs around through the whole thing. You are absolutely gorgeous though! All the girls at work used to say you should be a model because you are beautiful. I love you girl! And I really miss our DQ days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally normal! And not it doesn't get better. Husbands are sweet like that and they are not just being nice. It's the truth, having a cute little pregnant wife is fun. I'm sure you will go back to being really active and all after the baby is born. I agree with the other comment that nursing helps a ton so stick with that. I actually have a friend that had to stop nursing one of her kids because she was losing too much weight and her Dr was worried about her and her health. I wish that was one of my problems, lol. I'm sure you look adorable and boys are the best! I have two and they are SO much fun to dress and decorate for. You will love it either way when you find out on Tuesday for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers