I know I'm behind on updates and stats, but I will write those down when I have more time. I wanted to write down what happened this morning before I forget details.
So if you saw on Facebook, I felt baby boy's first kicks. I was starting to get worried because they give you this window of 18-22 weeks. Then they say, if you don't feel anything by 22, contact your Dr. So needless to say, I've been worried.
This morning I woke up around 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I grabbed my phone and pulled up the app I use to track how far along I am. It tells me what is developing that week, average size, etc. Then, every day that week it gives you little tasks to focus on. So since today marks week 21 I was reading up on the latest things happening and previewing what things it said to do this week. One of the things it said was to track baby's movements. A little bitterly, I thought "I can't track movements when I can't feel him." There was a video that talked about weeks 21-27, so I watched it and it talked about how at this point in pregnancy, your baby will usually respond to you rubbing or gently poking your belly.
I decided to go ahead and give it a try. Totally not expecting anything to happen, I poked my belly and then just let my hand rest on it. That is when I saw it... Probably 10 seconds later my hand moved! I was so surprised I just sat there and didn't know what to do next! Did the baby kick? Was I just imagining it? So of course I did it again. I saw a ripple effect go across my belly and then in the same spot as the first I felt a punch and then a lighter kick right after it. I could not believe it! I was 10 minutes late getting out of bed because I just kept poking him! Tej was at work, so he hasn't seen this happen yet. But I'm hoping that he'll get to see it tonight or tomorrow.
Leave it to my child to wait until Friday the 13th! Such a great day!!!
{On a side note....... we have picked out a name. This little boy's name is going to be Jaysen Mac. Jaysen because of (1) TeJAY's name and (2) because Tejay says that it sounds like an athlete's name. :) And Mac for Tejay's best friend since they were little whose name is Mackenzie.}




No comments:
Post a Comment