Thursday, February 23, 2012

14 Weeks and a Scare.

So I have been MIA from Facebook and blogging for a few weeks. A lot of it has to do with the fact that after working for 8 hours, I come home and do homework, and every other week have a meeting or two, and then I'm exhausted by 8. My kitchen has not be spotless for weeks and it is killing me! I'm trying to keep up with everything, but it just isn't going my way. So I'm just plugging along thinking that barely having time to breathe is just going to make this pregnancy go by fast.

I actually think it is picking up speed. It is hard to believe that I am officially in my 2nd trimester! It is about time! I'm ready to eat whatever I want and get back in to the gym more than 3 days a week. At 11 and 1/2 weeks, we had another ultrasound. The baby finally looked human. The heart beat was up too. I didn't post anything about this on Facebook, but my Dr. decided to do an early peek at gender. He looked at me and said "This baby is in perfect position for this!" He then flashed "It's a GIRL" on the screen. Her legs were spread wide open and she was just hanging out. I'm not holding my breath, but I think it's a girl. We'll find out for sure on March 27th.

 

Well the scare.... last Friday, my official 13 week mark, I went to the bathroom after lunch and noticed I had started spotting. I started shaking! I was absolutely terrified! I rushed to call my Dr. His nurse said that because of the condition of it, and the lack of cramping/pain, I was probably fine. She told me to watch it and go in if it increased or turned red. I spent all weekend just so worried! It never got worse, but for the past week it has come and gone off an on. Finally, today I decided to check in with my Dr. office. I let them know that it has gone on for the past week. My Dr. is out of town this week, so they sent me to the ER. After 2 1/2 hours, blood work, pelvic exam, and an ultra sound, we learned a few things.....
1. Everything is fine! Cervix is closed and no active bleeding.
2. The baby is already sucking "her" fingers.
3. The ultrasound tech thinks I am in deep trouble when I can finally feel this little person moving. She couldn't get accurate measurements because the baby wouldn't stop kicking and rolling. "She" would stop moving briefly only when I would start to talk.

Now I can finally breathe and relax knowing for sure everything is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers