One of my best friends is going up to Girl's Camp this week (can I tell you that I am so jealous!?) and she sent a text to a few of us recently married girls and asked if we would share our feelings having gone through the temple. I'm always reminded of my experience when I'm there to share that special moment with my friends, but to really sit down and think about it was a great blessing! It has been almost a year since I went for my first time. It was so great to sit down and remember the feelings and thoughts I had and to share them with her. This is what I sent her.
"The only times you go to the temple for your own self, is when you are taking out your own endowments, and when you are being sealed to you husband. Every other time is always going to be for someone else. This makes the first time so special!
I remember feeling somewhat anxious, and also a little nervous because you don't know what to expect. But those nerves are put to rest as you walk in the temple and are engulfed by the Spirit! (I didn't tell her this, but when I feel the Spirit I get emotional, I think I cried about everything that day! I was so embarrassed, but I couldn't help it! On a good note, I can control myself now :D) After the endowment session you end up in the Celestial Room. The peaceful feeling of the Spirit is so strong that it was hard to take it all in for a minute. But, as I sat there and looked around, I realized that my family and closest friends were the ones in the room with me. I couldn't help but get emotional (AGAIN) because I realized that this is what I'm here for. I'm here so that someday I can be in the Celestial Kingdom with my family and friends surrounding me and enjoying the peaceful feeling of the Spirit all the time!
2 weeks later I returned to be sealed to my best friend! That is just as special of a moment. To again be surrounded by family and friends and to feel that Spirit is just amazing! The covenants you make with your husband and Heavenly Father are special and so important! They are very special things, but also things to not treat lightly. As I knelt across from Tejay, I realized that every trial I had to go through, all the times I made mistakes and had to get back on track, got me to where I was. They were all worth it! Every date gone wrong even helped! I knew without a doubt that Tejay was the one because of that!
There is no greater blessing than to know that I am with my best friend and love of my life for forever! No matter what trials we have, we are each others for eternity. And when we create our family, they are all ours for forever as well!"
The temple is such a blessing! I am thankful for the opportunities given to me to return often. Every time I go, I learn something new. I know it is where I'm supposed to be.




No comments:
Post a Comment