I know what your are thinking.... Why would you need to detox from sugar!? Well let me explain.
I'm the girl that always put sugar on my Frosted Flakes. I put enough sugar in Cream of Wheat to make it soupy. I have to have a dessert after dinner....ALWAYS! When Tej and I first got married, we went to Cold Stone probably like 2-3 times a week. (Probably why I gained 30 pounds). I have to have real Dr. Pepper with only 3 or 4 ice cubes, then add Cherry Syrup. I can smell a maple donut from clear across the room. If candy is offered, I will eat it.... until I'm sick! Get what I'm saying?
I AM A SUGAR ADDICT!
I know that sounds crazy, but it is in fact possible. From what I've read and things I've heard on Dr. Oz, sugar is just as addicting as Heroin. It triggers the pleasure sensor in your brain. I have a bad addiction! It is something I haven't been able to control for a long time! I think I got it from my dad, but I can't just have a small taste of something or a few candies. I have to eat enough till I'm full and sick.
So, in my quest to become a Registered Dietitian, I am getting that under control. It sucks big time! But at least when I have clients someday, I can tell them I did it too. On Sunday I got on the scale and I've lost 8 pounds since February. That is just without changing my diet. Now imagine what I can lose with a better diet! I keep reminding myself that I will look better. It seems to be helping. This is what I have avoided at work this week:
Monday: 2 Birthday cakes (One at work, one a Tej's parents house)
Tuesday: More cake
Wednesday: M & M Cookies
Thursday: Pumpkin Roll with cream cheese frosting
Friday: Munchkin donuts
All this food has been in the shared PA office next door. No excess sugar for me for the whole month of April... even on Easter Sunday! It is so hard to avoid it! But I'm proud of myself! One week down and 3 more to go.
Now excuse me while I go take more Advil for this nasty withdrawal headache I've had since Tuesday!




awsome!!! good job Sarah!! I hope you stickto it. Im giving up sugar this month too!!! Thats so funi we both aregiviing up sugar. I just notice i eat tons of cookies all the time. ifno sugar no cookies. right?? hahhaha. unless we find away to make cookies and ccake with no sugra.... humm... I hear if you use yogurt for a substitute of sugar it works. hahhahah. Well good luck with your no sugar quest. It will be so good to do :)
ReplyDelete