Early tomorrow morning, Tej and I are headed up to Vernal for his grandpa's funeral. He has had a long fight with death, and yesterday morning lost. I had the pleasure of meeting him last May when Tej and I went up there for Memorial Day weekend. Even then, you could tell he was slipping away. I don't know if he fully grasped who I was.
When we got the news, my first prayer went out to Tejay's grandma. After 9 months, Tej is still my best and closest friend. I could not imagine my life without him. I don't even want to imagine what it is like to lose your best friend after 60+ years. His grandparents were still very much in love after all that time. When they took Tej's grandpa in to the hospital, his grandma cried because she didn't know how she would be able to curl up next to her husband in bed.
It's times like these that make me so very grateful for the peace and knowledge the gospel brings. I know she will see her beloved husband again. Their bodies will be healthy and perfect. What a true blessing that is!
My prayers go out to the Coon Families. May the Spirit comfort you in this time of sorrow.




No comments:
Post a Comment