Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One of those days....

Have you ever had one of those days where you wish you could go back and do it completely different? That's how today was for me. A friend and I were texting, and I said something that she took the wrong way. It upset her enough that she continued to tell me how bad of a person I was. She said I was rude and moody and that I was not a good friend to her. This friend has been in some trouble. All the while, I've stood by her side and supported her as best I could while all of her other friends left her in the dust. If I could go back and change that whole conversation I would. Now I'm just having a hard time believing that I'm not what she said I am. The thing that hurt me the most was when she said, " No wonder you don't have a boyfriend." Is she right though? If I could go back and change what we were talking about I would. But, tomorrow is a new day, a chance to create new friendships.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! Hope she was just having a hard day. That's pretty brazen of her to say that though! Don't believe her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, this is the problem with texting!!! In an actual phone conversation people have a chance to HEAR how something is being said. Kind of makes it hard assume when you you have the chance to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It couldn't hurt to print out this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt and hang it on your mirror: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

    Your friend isn't happy and therefore wants everyone around her to be unhappy. Also, your mom is correct about texting and assumptions about what folks THINK you mean.

    Please remember how much our Father in Heaven loves you, and know that there is someone who is being prepared to be worthy of YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers