Monday, October 19, 2009

Catch Up.... Again

I feel like I have a blog entitle "Catch Up" pretty frequently. Lol.... Life just gets so busy, but hey, at least I remember I have a blog! So the last thing I wrote about was Fear Farm... still haven't gone back. So starting from there, some things are new, and some things are same old. So let's start with NEW:
  • I started dating the guy I talked about in the Fear Farm post. He's super nice and treats me well. The down side is that he goes back up to BYU-I in January... but leaves AZ in December. Do I hope things work out, yes. But to be honest I'm trying to not let myself get to attached know the likely outcome. He's awesome and I enjoy spending time with him, it just stinks that in a few months we'll probably call it quits and go our separate ways.
  • I got offered a new position at Bed Bath & Beyond. It's a lateral move in the company so I wouldn't get a pay raise. They offered me the head Bridal Consultant and Customer Service Trainer position. Basically I would be doing a lot more work for no pay raise. With my work schedule at the dentist office and starting school in January there is no way I could give them the time that they would expect from me. So I'll be turning it down this week.
  • I went in for a cleaning and some x-rays last week and when my dentist sat down to do a quick exam the first thing he said to me was "When can I take out your wisdom teeth?" So he will be taking out numbers 17 and 32 on Nov. 12. (#17 is lower left and #32 is lower right) I get to work all day then go next door to have him numb me up and take them out. I can't get put under since I have to drive home so this will be fun! A part of me is nervous even though I watch root canal surgeries frequently. I guess when it's your self it is a little scary.
  • I will be registering for classes next week. I will be taking 2 actual classes then 1 online. I just have my Sciences left, so this will be SUPER FUN! Not.... I plan to have applied for a dental hygiene school by next February or be turning in papers for a mission.

Now for same old news:

  • I'm still working both jobs. It keeps me busy and usually I enjoy it. But there are days where I wake up and realize that this is what I will be doing everyday until I die and I just want to roll over and pull the covers over my head and never wake up! But that's life and I do enjoy it.
  • I'm still living at home. I have put away a good amount of money but paying for school next week and my upcoming dentist appointments will wipe out some of it. I'm usually glad I made the decision to come home. I was really glad I did when last Sunday afternoon I got in my car to go to church and turned my AC on and it didn't work! It had worked the night before. I was so upset! It just stopped working! But, my dad, being full of such good advice, suggested that since my heater still works, to not mess with the AC and save the money I would spend on getting it repaired to put towards a new car that I will definitely need to get by April! Of course that sounded like a super idea until it turned 100 degrees this week! But I'm still going to take his advice and just sweat it out.
  • I can't lie about this one... but I'm still having doubts about my dating and marriage situation. I was at FHE tonight and I noticed something. I have a cute group of friends but we aren't the snobby girls that close our circle so it looks intimidating to guys. We were standing in the hall chatting. Sometimes we'd make eye contact with a guy and smile, but they would walk right past us and go start chatting to the girls that are.... not like us?? I don't know how to describe it. But it's almost like they are too afraid to talk to cute girls. IDK just my observation. I know our time is coming, but it's just frustrating to watch these guys sit around and not do anything. All I know is that I will make sure that Sam does not do that when he gets home from his mission! Mom and dad you better not allow it either!

All in all, I can't complain. I am so blessed! I have a great life, great job, great education, and a great family. When life gives me lemons, I'm still practicing making lemonade :)

1 comment:

Background

Followers