IT POURS!
So I'm sitting at the traffic light on Beardsley and 83rd today after work. There was a guy in the car in front of me who was in the middle of the cross-walk. So when I pulled up behind him I left plenty of room for him to back up if needed. Another car comes up behind me. Sure enough the guy decides to back up. I'm thinking "oh he is just scooting back a bit to try and trigger the light." But he keeps coming! So I start honking at him... he doesn't here me, so I hold the horn and brace for impact. He hits me. There is no mark on his car and no mark on my car so we call it good. Some how, I'm thanking Heavenly Father for this and see this as a blessing.... here is why:
So Friday I got in my car to go to work and about half way there I notice my check engine light is on. I finish driving to work and then check my oil and water. Both are good so I call my dad. He tells me to take it to Auto Zone after work and have them run a test on it. So I go and turns out they aren't allowed to do that anymore. So I end up calling my grandpa who ends up sending one of their tow truck drivers to pick up my car. I find out Saturday that it ended up being my cadi- something converter. So I go to pick up my car Monday afternoon and find out that that is costing me $200 to fix. Luckily I have a loving dad who is allowing me to pay him back. But before I got my car back my dad pointed out my tires and informed me that if I got pulled over and the officer saw my tires I would get a ticket. So there is another $200 or so for 2 new front tires. And as if that isn't enough, the registration is up on my car next month so I'll be renewing that. Hence the phrase, "When it rains, it pours." That is why I view the incident today as a blessing! All I could think about as they guy hit me was oh no I can't afford anything if this is bad! No damage means no more money spent on that car! Now lets just hope I make it on my worn tires for a few more weeks!
So Friday I got in my car to go to work and about half way there I notice my check engine light is on. I finish driving to work and then check my oil and water. Both are good so I call my dad. He tells me to take it to Auto Zone after work and have them run a test on it. So I go and turns out they aren't allowed to do that anymore. So I end up calling my grandpa who ends up sending one of their tow truck drivers to pick up my car. I find out Saturday that it ended up being my cadi- something converter. So I go to pick up my car Monday afternoon and find out that that is costing me $200 to fix. Luckily I have a loving dad who is allowing me to pay him back. But before I got my car back my dad pointed out my tires and informed me that if I got pulled over and the officer saw my tires I would get a ticket. So there is another $200 or so for 2 new front tires. And as if that isn't enough, the registration is up on my car next month so I'll be renewing that. Hence the phrase, "When it rains, it pours." That is why I view the incident today as a blessing! All I could think about as they guy hit me was oh no I can't afford anything if this is bad! No damage means no more money spent on that car! Now lets just hope I make it on my worn tires for a few more weeks!




Ya gotta watch out for all them Q-tip heads driving around out here.
ReplyDeleteHmm... I've never heard of a cop giving a ticket for bad tires. Are you sure your dad isn't just trying to scare you?