Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Road Block

So I have hit a road block... I no longer know what I want to be anymore. I know for sure I want to be a mom. But career wise, I have no idea. I knew for a long time that I wanted to be a teacher. That is my passion and something I love! But in December when the economy was going downhill, I decided to change my major to Dental Hygiene. Working for Dr. Johns has gotten me interested in teeth. I enjoy what I do there so I figured I would like being a Dental Hygienist. A few weeks ago, while watching the news, I thought my decision was solidified when I saw that in the Peoria School District alone, they were cutting 200 positions. I was very confident in my decision. Then last week I went to look up what prerequisites I have left to get into Hygiene school. It was then that I realized that for 2 years of school at Phx. College it was going to cost me $12,000. Money I definitely don't have! So here I am.... Confused and searching for answers. Teaching is something I would love to do, but with cleaning teeth I would be able to be with my kids more and work better hours.... Oh and make A LOT more money! So for now I'm done with school for at least a year while I put money away and figure it out. It's nothing that prayer and fasting can't fix.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You are going to make the best decision for you. I have a sis-in-law who is a Hygienist and she pretty much gets to set her own schedule and makes great money doing it. Don't let cost hold you back...that's what student loans and grants are for ;) And if I win the lottery, I'll pay for it myself (so wish me luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan Sarah! Love your blog. Enjoy the time off and good luck saving up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers