Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Apartment Living

Can I just say how done I am with living in an apartment! It's fine and dandy when you're 18 and with a roommate. However, when you are newlyweds ready to settle into marriage, it really is no fun! We've tried to make the best of it, and sometimes all we can do is laugh.

From day 1, I knew we would have problems! Our downstairs neighbor has a very yappy dog!


It is a Pomeranian and most days it looks like the above picture. The first day we walked to our apartment she growled and barked every time we'd walk past or walk out to our patio. Her lovely owner encouraged her to keep barking. That's when I knew he was rude. I had to keep telling Tej to just walk away. Well, come to find out, this dog barks at everything! Leaves, people parking their cars, you name it, she barks at it! The neighbor just turns up his  music and ignores it. So if a barking dog and music that I can hear every word of with a movie on isn't enough...... He has a girlfriend. She is just a redneck as he is. Every weekend she comes and stays the night. For 2 days, all we here is their arguments. He is very belittling! They fight about how he is not a loser just because he lives in an apartment and that just because people have houses don't make them better than him. Then he yells at his girlfriend and calls her names. One night we couldn't go to sleep because they were shouting so loud!

Now our next door neighbors are a similar story. They are the couple that you can tell they are only together because they have a child together. Every other night maybe they are arguing about how they are adults and can make their own decisions. Every other word is the F bomb. It makes it a lot of fun for us!

One night, both couples were going at it and I looked at Tejay and told him I love him. Yes we have our little arguments, but we never have yelled at each other or called each other names! It just blows my mind how disrespectfully these people treat their partner! I am so grateful for a loving husband who respects me and for a great relationship.

I'm also very, very grateful we get to move into our house soon!

1 comment:

  1. Okay I thought it was so cute how you turned to him and told him that you loved him! It made me laugh out loud but only because it was cute and ironic that you two are the only ones getting along! I'm glad you have a house!!!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers