Thursday, October 28, 2010

Where has the time gone?

Ok, I no it has been a while. Married life and working full time takes up a most of my time. So, here is a quick recap of our first 3 months.

August: We were still in the honeymoon phase. We enjoyed our beautiful vacation to Cancun, started school, and fully dove in to our jobs and school. Tejay had a potential job, but found out that it all had been a lie. So through mid September he remained jobless. I got settled in at MW and learned a lot of things about my Dr. that I didn't know. We were still living in the house we were renting from his sister.

September: Tejay eventually got a job. Actually 2. He works for Dick's Sporting Goods in the Fitness Department and also works for a plumbing company. It keeps him busy enough not to go crazy but home enough to do homework and help me with wifely responsibilities. We did have our first real couple of tiffs. It wasn't major, but it made me realize just how stubborn the both of us are! I can't remember what it was about, just dumb things. It seemed like it was happening at least once a week. It was probably us finally being comfortable with each other enough to share our frustrations. It really was dumb stuff now that I think of it. We got our first addition to our family as well. NO, IT WAS NOT A BABY! lol. We adopted a Chocolate Lab. We love her, but quickly realized, it was just like having a child. We were tied down for a while. Month 2 of marriage was fun.

October: This month we have  been trying to get out of the house we are renting. They are trying to sell it and we don't want to be a burden. We did have one big tiff this month! Boy was it big. But in my defense it was my time of month. We are trying to decide if we want to buy a house, or rent for a little longer. Tejay is like my dad and likes to analyze every detail. I'm opposite. If I love it, I'll do it that day. It's not always a good trait of mine, so it's good he makes me slow down. He made us do a pro and con list of renting vs. buying and Surprise vs. North Valley. It makes me giggle now, but man was it a night. We signed a lease for an apartment. It is only 3 months, but I'm dreading it. We went from 1,300 sq. ft to 700 sq. ft. It's hard! We know we will already have problems with our downstairs neighbor. We went to drop a load off the other night. They guy has a little yippee dog and it was on the patio. It barked sooo much! Every time we'd walk by, the man would look at us, then praise his dog. He is pretty rude. Tejay about lost his temper. I had to calm him down. I just keep telling myself, it's temporary. I love Tejay more and more each day. It is a blessing to know that I'm not doing this alone. I have my Heavenly Father and eternal companion every step of the way.

We are so blessed and love life! I enjoy every minute with him and get excited for the day we get to expand and grow. Marriage is hard, but it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers