Friday, February 5, 2010

It is official.....

This sounds totally dumb, but for the first time in a year and a half I have gotten to change my Facebook Relationship Status from "single" to "in a relationship"! Dumb, I know, but it was fun doing that. So here is the story.....

His name is Tejay. He's 23. Went to Hungary on his mission. Can make me laugh. Can take my sarcasm. He is so easy to talk to. He graduated from Sunrise Mountain 2 years before I did. He played football and baseball. Is just as tall, or maybe a smidge taller than me.

So, he is in my singles ward. I always knew of him. Knew his name, who is friends were, crossed paths every now and then, thought he was cute, but never did anything about it. Well he got called to be a Sunday School teacher. The first Sunday he taught he did sooo GOOD! I was so impressed! And then I started thinking, "Why haven't I talked to this guy before?" Well the answer is because I'm shy and stubborn and don't like making the first move. Anyway, after church I saw him in the hall, we said hi and started talking. Then, out of no where I decided to tell him that we should hang out sometime. I have no idea why that came out of my mouth! I never do that. So after exchanging numbers, we decided to go out the upcoming weekend. He took me to a little family run Italian restaurant, it was soooo good! It was authentic Italian food. Everyone in there was Italian. He scored points because that is my favorite type of food. Then we drove around and chatted until the 10 show at Jesters. That was even more fun! We sat there and picked out everyone that was on their first date. There is just an awkwardness you can see. LOL. The funny thing is, is that there was no awkward moments! Never was there a silence with crickets in the background. Never did we not know what to say. It was the best first date EVER! It all just clicked.

So last night we got together because he had been out of town for a few days. While we were talking he says, "Let's see where this goes...... as a couple!" Of course I giggled like a little girl lol. I'm so excited to get to know him and see where things end up. It will be hard to balance 2 jobs, school, and a boyfriend, but we're both confident we can do it. I still get giddy and smile when I think about it. HAHAHHA. Dumb, but true : )

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Congrats!!! Tejay is a cool guy! He's a lucky one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers