Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Trust in the Lord..."

"TRUST in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

This is a lesson that I have been having a really hard time grasping. I feel like I've had so many trials and struggles and so many things not going my way that I'm starting to lose that trust in Him. But when I take off my "Ugly Thinking Cap" and put on my "Spiritual Thinking Cap" and am able to see more fully the purposes in the struggles. I believe it was Neal A. Maxwell who said "Trusting the Lord also means trusting his timing." At least something along those lines.

I've been given so many opportunities in the past couple of weeks to strengthen my trust in the Lord. Did I ever mention that when I got my certificate in the mail for passing my test that it was at the most perfect time? The time it takes to get your results back is 6 to 8 weeks. Usually it ends up being closer to the 8 weeks. I had my results back in 3! I had a lot of things going wrong with my car and it seemed like it was just pouring rain. The day it came in the mail was the weekend before I started working more hours at the dentist office. I got a raise. As it sat on my kitchen table all weekend it hit me that Heavenly Father was so aware of me! I had been stressed about bills and then my car and had been praying for help. He knew exactly what I needed, when I needed it. His timing was perfect!

I went to institute tonight because I felt prompted to go. Now I know exactly why! Every thing we talked about dealt with the exact struggle I dealt with today! I have been praying for a long time and today this issue, I think, got worse. Now I feel so much at peace. I know everything will work out because my Heavenly Father is in charge. He has a plan for me and whether I like it or not, everything will happen exactly when it is supposed to. I know my Heavenly Father knows me! He loves me and I am a daughter of God! I am so grateful for this knowledge and the peace it brings in my life! I know I wouldn't make it through these struggles with out that.

So I can say that little by little, my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father is growing!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good example, Sarah! Always looking to the Lord to see the bright side of things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers