Wednesday, March 6, 2013

6 months

I am 2 weeks behind on this post. Mostly because I'm still trying to pick my jaw off  of the ground. J is 6 months old! (Now technically 6 1/2 months). I still get a little emotional when I think about it. This is the one and only time that I get to enjoy having just one baby. He is the complete center of my world. To say that I feel guilty dropping him off with my mom everyday is an understatement. My heart breaks and I sometimes wonder if I am doing the right thing. I usually only get to spend 2 hours with him a day during the week and the nights that I have Presidency meetings mean that I see him less. I know that this is what is best for my family right now and it will only be a few more months that I will do this, but this is why it is so hard thinking about him being 6 months old. With that being said, here are the amazing moments I do see with my sweet angel baby.

J is still in a size 2 diaper, but we are slowly creeping up to the 3's. His 6 month clothes are already packed away and he is currently wearing 9-12mo. At his 6 month check up, he weighed 19 lbs, 12oz and was 28 and 1/4 inches long. I knew he had to be approaching the 20lb mark because lifting his carrier with him in it is getting super heavy! Kelly Ripa arms here I come! :) He has two teeth, but is too stubborn to let me take a picture. I think he is working on another tooth, so we will see. He his making all kinds of new squeals and noises. He loves to hear himself. It is so fun. His hair is finally starting to come in. He still looks bald, but I can tell it is starting to grow. He loves his baby food! We had to take him off of sweet potatoes and bananas (his favorites) because it wasn't agreeing with his system. He does love prunes and he is really liking some of the different fruits in the "2nd foods" stage. We don't do much rice cereal or oatmeal, again because it blocks him up.

J is really good at sitting up by himself with out someone there all the time. I don't leave him too long, but he is usually ok if I walk away for a second. If by chance he does fall, he has gotten good at this "tuck and roll" move. He also now rolls over without assistance/bribes and does it frequently! Yay!

He is such a good baby! His is very observant and loves to try what he sees. For example, he likes to share our cups of water. If you drink out of a cup and don't let him do it, he starts to squirm and shake. He loves his feet and is so fascinated by them.

Here are some pictures from this last month.
Shopping

First baseball game!

Shredding the paper at the Dr. office. He is obsessed with textures lately!

Baseball


Sitting in the front of the shopping cart for the first time! He sat this was the entire time. He didn't want to even face forward long enough for me to take a picture.

In other news....
I can't say that this is definitive yet, but we are leaning towards moving to SALT LAKE!! Tejay applied and was accepted to University of Utah. We have been really impressed with them. First of all, the associate dean of admissions called him directly and told him he had been accepted. Then, he got a 1inch binder filled with everything he would need to go there. It had financial aid info, housing info, you name it, it was in there. Also in that binder was the acceptance letter from the same dean who called him. On the bottom of the page was a hand written note from him to Tejay letting him know that he was so glad to have talked to him and "here is my cell phone number if you have any questions." This dean gave Tejay his cell phone number! They just have been super classy and we like the feeling we get when we think about it. To top it all off, I was researching rental homes in Salt Lake and kept seeing one of my friends names on the contact information. Turns out, this friend manages rental properties in Salt Lake. Ironic right? So if we were to make a decision right this second, we both would say that we are going to U of U. We both have a calm feeling about it. We will have a final decision by next month, but that is where it stands right now. Anything could change because we are still waiting to hear back from ASU and BYU, but we know that we will be led to what is best for his education and for our family. We are so grateful for our families who have been so supportive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers