Wednesday, January 2, 2013

4 Months and First Christmas

J was officially 4 months old on Christmas Eve. It seriously blows my mind how fast he is growing! He is such a joy and I am so in love with him! I am proud to call myself his mom. So here are some of his stats:

Size: As of last Thursday, J is 17.5 pounds and 26 inches. 
Clothes: Mostly 6 months, but depending on the brand some 9 month.
Diapers: He has been wearing the Costco 1-2 diaper, but those are getting snug. I bought him a size 3 and those seem too big. Looks like we have to buy the size 2 until he is ready for 3's.
Eyes: His eyes still can't decide if they want to be blue, brown, or green. Some days they look blue, and some days they look brown. Tej and I both have brown eyes, so I'm sure that is they way J's are headed.
Hair: J doesn't really have any hair. That is to be expected as Tej and I were bald babies. (I think even at a year old, I didn't have much hair.)
Sleeping: J is a really good sleeper! We had a week where he slept through the night, but then he got sick. Once he felt better he had 3 nights that he slept through the night. Then.... He hit a growth spurt and we haven't been able to get back on track. If he gets up, he will only do it once. (As of this morning, we are 3 for 3 this week with sleeping all night!) He doesn't really nap. Every 2.5 hours or so he will take a little 30 minute cat nap, but that is it.
Eating: He eats 6oz every 3 hours. We have also tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes. J LOVES sweet potatoes! It is so fun to watch him try new things. He gets a tablespoon of potatoes at lunch and a tablespoon at dinner and all is going well!
 
Milestones: 
  • He rolled over for me once! He likes to get half way and then can't figure it out, so I helped him finish and roll on to his belly. From there he just flipped him self right back on to his back! He hasn't done it since, but sure does try!
  • J is a chatter box! It seriously seems like it was overnight that he really started "talking." He coos and yells nonstop! It is seriously so fun!
  • He loves to stand and look around. From the day he was born he was so alert! This also hinders his napping and I think it is because he is too worried he will miss something.
  • He has started grabbing things and putting them in his mouth. He likes to chew on his toys. His Dr. said to start watching for teeth because of they way he has been drooling and acting.
  • He also growls! It is seriously so funny!
  • He has also hit the phase where he wakes up happy! You usually will hear him "talking" to himself and giggling. So fun!
 
Favorite toys/activities:
  • His most favorite "toys" are his hands. You will rarely see him with out them in his mouth.
  • He loves his little "nubby" teething ring. We also have these little stuffed animal rattles that he loves! When he gets them he will shake them and then put them in his mouth.
  • He got an "exersaucer" for Christmas and loves it! He is so fascinated by all of the toys.
 
Nicknames: We call him bug and stink, but his official nickname is Bear. Tej has called him that since he was born and it fits him. I like to call him honey bear a lot. :)







 
 Christmas was great! J is still so young that it isn't a big thing, but we really enjoyed it. Tej and I both took a week and a half off to spend with J and family. It was so worth it! We all were really blessed, but J made out like a bandit! He is so loved!







 
 
 
In other news: Tej is sending in law school applications! It is so crazy to think this is where we are at in our lives. He also starts his last semester of undergrad in a week! I am so proud of him! He works so hard and is amazing! We are so happy and loving our lives as mommy and daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers