Monday, December 26, 2011

And then there were 3!

I've been waiting to spill the beans for a week! We are expecting!!! Our first bundle of joy will arrive in late August... supposedly around the 25th or 26th, but I will get an exact due date when I go in for my first appointment on the 10th. I am 5 weeks along and feeling great! (Knock on wood).


Everyone is probably totally shocked because when ever we were asked about having kids, we always said "oh, that is a long ways away!" The truth is, we decided that starting a family was what Heavenly Father wanted us to do in July. We technically started trying in September. Here we are in December and pregnant! I feel so blessed and grateful that Heavenly Father is entrusting Tejay and I with one of His sweet spirits. We don't care whether it is a girl or a boy, as long as they are healthy.


I haven't had really any eye opening symptoms, but my first little clue was the week that I started going to bed early! Like 6:30 PM early! That is so out of character for me. I was also waking up with massive hot flashes... this is while the fan was on in our bedroom, and we hadn't turned our heater on yet. So, when day 32 came and no signs of a period showed up, I decided to take a test. Tejay wanted to wait until Christmas Eve to do it, but I couldn't hold out that long.


This is what we got:



I took another one the next morning to be sure, but it too was positive. I stepped out to the living room and told Tejay to come here. I showed him a test and he swooped me up and just laughed. All he kept saying was "We're going to be parents!" For the next couple hours after, I would hear him start to giggle. It was so cute! We are so excited!

I called the next day and scheduled my appointment. When the lady on the phone said "ultra sound", I had a brief moment of "Crap! This is happening!" But nothing has really set in yet. I'm sure when we finally see the doctor, it will become very real.

The only crappy thing that is going on is that I have this really bad chest cold that I can't seem to shake. I woke up one night with so much junk in my chest, it hurt! It scared me a bit, especially knowing that there is really nothing I can do about it. I just keep searching natural home remedies since until my visit, I'm medicine free.


We are so excited and can't wait to welcome this new baby!


(4 weeks... or technically "Before")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers