6 months ago yesterday I married my best friend! I can't believe how fast time goes by! On the 22nd it was a year from our first date. A year ago I would have never thought I'd be at this point in my life!
I am the luckiest girl in the world! He treats me like I am the greatest thing ever. I am so blessed to be with him for forever! I wrote about our date here. His mom asked me a couple months ago if I thought that the first year goes by so slow. I'm still in shock that it's been six months! Here is why:
July: Got married, moved in to the house we were renting, both of us started new jobs
August: Went to Cancun for our honeymoon, Tejay started school and got a second job (I told him not to)
September: Got a new car and a puppy
October: Started looking for an apartment to rent because we had to move out of the house
November: Moved in to the apartment, and started looking for a house, our first Thanksgiving together
December: Tejay takes finals, we find a house and sign papers, our first Christmas together
January: Move in to our new house, have a roommate for 2 weeks, Tejay starts school, both of us pick a week to be sick
So, after wedding, 3 moves, holidays, school, and big life events.... NO! The first year is flying by. I want it to slow down so I can enjoy us. I enjoy it everyday, but soon we'll be adding Law School and little feet into the mix.
They say you don't really get to know someone until you live with them... Here is what I've learned about my best friend:
- He loves to watch ESPN
- Has crazy dreams at night (Sometimes he kicks me lol)
- Wears a night gaurd because he grinds his teeth
- Loves to cook (Seriously! He is one of those people that can taste someting and say, "Oh it needs some of this or some of that.")
- He can take 5 random ingredients and make the most amazing meal!
- Loves his nieces and nephews
- Loves his family... especially his "mama"
- Wants to have a truck someday
- Is very intelligent
- Is very friendly and will talk to anyone
- Is so goofy!
- Loves the gospel
- Loves me
![]() |
| This was taken on our second date... The night we became "a couple." |
Here's to many amazing years to come! I love you honey!










You were a couple by your 2nd date?! daaang! But I love it!!!
ReplyDelete