Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bitter sweet day....

I knew this day would come sooner or later... I wish it was later. It came to fast. Today was the last day I got to see my brother before he leaves for his mission. It feels like it was just yesterday that we were building forts in his room, or padding the floor with pillows so we could nose dive off his bed. Now both Sam and I are starting new journeys. Unfortunately his is states away. The other day we switched iPODS since he can't take his iTouch with him. I was fine until I got in the car. Reality hit me and I cried most of the way home. Our family got to attend his last mission prep. He taught last. He. Was. Amazing! He will be such a great missionary. I am so proud to call him my brother! After mission prep we headed over to President Wagner's house to have him set apart. That is where I fell apart. I blubbered through the whole thing. What made it hard was hugging him... the last time for 2 years. I am not driving up with my family to drop him off at the MTC. So I had to say my goodbyes. I didn't want to let go. I just held on tight and cried. I love my brother so much! I know that he is in the right place and this is what the Lord would have him do. He will serve the Lord well. I'm just lucky that I get to plan a wedding and have my new journey to distract me for two years.

I love you Sam! You will be such a wonderful missionary. You are the greatest brother! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers