Ok, so I didn't test positive for Strep, but I am almost positive it was! It all started with a simple fever Friday night. I took a warm shower, took some medicine, and went to bed early thinking it would go away. Well 3 hours after falling asleep, I woke up burning hot and didn't sleep the rest of the night. Saturday I woke up still with a fever and red dots on the back of my throat. I thought, "Oh, no problem. Dayquil and Advil will take care of this." It didn't. I put on a happy face at work and at the wedding reception I had to go to, but I really felt junky! I woke up Sunday and it all went downhill! My throat hurt so bad it was making my ears hurt! I couldn't talk because it was so swollen. When I finally opened my mouth, I noticed huge white lumps everywhere! They weren't just little dots. So, since I had to be at church for my calling and because I was in so much pain, I decided to run to the Take Care Clinic real quick. I felt guilty for doing it on Sunday, but I felt like I was dying! The Dr. did the rapid Strep test.... came back negative. She said she had 4 cases just like mine already that day! Surely at least one had to be Strep right? Nope.... she said they all were negative. Hard to believe. Anyway, she told me to take extra strength Tylenol and prescribed me some Lidocain. That did nothing! Didn't even touch it. So I suffered through it until my boss sent me a Z-Pak. THAT WAS AMAZING! I woke up the next morning and totally felt so much better! So, because the anti-biotics knocked it out, I'm going to say it was Strep. HA HA. I feel a lot better now! I still have dots on my throat, but they don't hurt as bad. I'm back at work, with a face mask, and life is back on track! I am so happy and so blessed!
This is what my night stand looked like for 4 days! I look like a druggie!

Can I also just say, I have a great boyfriend! He brought me movies to watch, breakfast one morning, lunch another, and Chocolate Milk!

Here is the most recent picture of us.

My nigh stand looks like that all the time haha jk
ReplyDelete